Accessibility Statement for
Christie’s Mill Inn and Spa
Christie’s Mill Inn and Spa is committed to excellence in serving all guests including people with disabilities. Listed below are some of the ways we hope to meet our commitment to inclusivity.
Assistive Devices. We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by guests with disabilities while accessing our goods and services.
Communication. We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disabilities.
Service Animals. We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on our premises that are open to the public.
Support Persons. A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises. Please note: if at any time an admission or resort fee is charged at Christie’s Mill Inn and Spa this fee shall also be applicable to a ‘support person’ accompanying the person(s) with disabilities. Guest will be informed of this when reserving rooms or services and on our website.
Notice of Temporary Disruption. In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Christie’s Mill Inn and Spa will notify guests promptly. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time and a description of alternative facilities or services if available.
Training For Staff. Christie’s Mill Inn and Spa will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public. This training will be provided to staff during their first two weeks of service as part of their departmental orientation
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standards.
- Christie’s Mill Inn and Spa policies, practices and procedures relating to the customer service standards.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Christie’s Mill Inn and Spa goods and services.
- Staff will also be trained on an ongoing basis when changes are made to these polices and procedures.
Feedback Process. The goal of Christie’s Mill Inn and Spa is to meet and exceed guest expectations while serving guests with disabilities. Comments on our services regarding how well those expectations are being met are welcome and appreciated. Feedback regarding the way Christie’s Mill Inn and Spa provides goods and service to people with disabilities can be made by email, verbally or guest comment cards. All feedback will be directed to the Guest Service Manager and Operations Manager.
Modification to This or Other Policies. We are committed to developing guest service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. Therefore, this policy will be reviewed and amended as required.